Bear Creek Country Kitchens’ “The Great Bear Creek Getaway” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ABILITY TO WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
THIS SWEEPTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING AND PARTICIPATION ONLY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. YOU MUST BE LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT TIME OF ENTRY.
- Sponsor: Bear Creek Country Kitchens’ “The Great Bear Creek Getaway” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Bear Creek Country Kitchens, LLC, 4 Gatehall Drive, #110, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (the “Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Entry Dates: Entry into Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on January 10, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 31, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who: (a) are 21 years of age or older as of Sweepstakes start date; and (b) at the time of entry and through the completion of the Sweepstakes: (i) have access to the internet and (ii) have an email address (which must remain the same throughout the Sweepstakes). Employees of the Sponsor, Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide (the “Administrator”), and any of their respective subsidiary or affiliated companies, or any other entities involved in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, as well as all such employees’ immediate family members (defined as spouse, child, parent, sibling; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: To enter, visit www.BearCreekGetaway.com (the “Sweepstakes Website”) and follow the on-screen directions to complete and submit an official entry form which must include first name, last name, street address, email address and date of birth (the “Entry”). To access the Sweepstakes Website via Shazam*, scan the specially marked advertisement for Bear Creek Country Kitchens in the March issues of Family Circle, Parents, Rachel Ray Every Day, Better Homes and Gardens. Limit one (1) Entry per person and per email address per day. If it is discovered that more than one Entry has been submitted from the same person or the same email account during a single calendar day, all Entries obtained from such person and from such email address will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for Entries that are altered, damaged, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Each such potential Entry will be disqualified. By submitting an Entry you understand that you are entering into a transactional relationship with Sponsor/Administrator and may receive emails from Sponsor/Administrator relating to the Sweepstakes. *The Great Bear Creek Getaway is not sponsored by Shazam. Accordingly, Shazam expressly disclaims any and all liability in conjunction with the entering or conduct of the promotion under any legal theory, including but not limited to the award of prizes in the promotion.
- Winner Selection: On or about April 3, 2017, Administrator will randomly select one Grand Prize winning Entry and ten (10) Second Place winning Entries from among all eligible Entries received. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible Entries received. Each entry selected as a winning Entry and the entrant who submitted such Entry are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules before any prize will be awarded.
- Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded the following:
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of entire Grand Prize: $10,000. Actual value may vary depending on timing and point of departure for the trip. If actual value is less than estimated ARV, no difference will be awarded. The Gift Basket will be shipped to the Grand Prize winner once he/she is verified per the process detailed in Rule 7, below. The $1,500 cash portion of the Grand Prize will be mailed to the verified Grand Prize winner once the Trip is booked. If the Trip is booked by Administrator on behalf of the winner but the winner does not take the Trip, the winner may keep the Gift Basket and cash portion of the prize if it has already been sent, but all other prize elements will be forfeited.
A trip for the winner and up to three (3) guests for a 7-night stay at a vacation property rental at RiverStone Resorts and Bear Paw Suites, 2120 Fall River Road, Estes Park, CO 80516, up to a maximum of $2,750 for the entire stay (the “Trip”) – which has received a five star rating from a prominent travel site. The Trip includes roundtrip airline travel for the winner and three (3) guests from the major airport nearest winner’s location to Denver, Colorado, and $1,500 cash (awarded in the form of a check to the winner) for winner to use for other fees/expenses in connection with travel. Winner and guests must all have valid travel documentation prior to booking trip, and must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s travel companions must be the legal age of majority in the state where they reside, unless the winner is the parent/legal guardian of such minor guests. Winner is responsible for all meals, tips, fees, expenses, damages or any other costs not specified as being covered that are incurred in connection with using the Grand Prize. Winner may be required to provide a valid credit card number in connection with booking the property/travel arrangements to cover any fees/expenses/taxes/damages that exceed the value of the voucher.
Winner will get to choose the rental property at RiverStone Resorts and Bear Paw Suites based on availability and price. All travel plans, including booking flights and vacation rental property, must be coordinated through Administrator. Exact travel dates and arrangements are subject to availability and price. Trip must be booked by June 15, 2017, and trip must be taken between August 1, 2017 and November 30, 2017. The Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety if Trip is not coordinated and booked through Administrator by June 15, 2017.
- A prize package that includes all the elements detailed for the Second Prize in Rule 6.b., below (the “Gift Basket”).
Second Prize: Ten (10) Second Prizes will be awarding consisting of the following:
Total ARV for each Second Prize: $565. Second Prizes will be shipped to each winner once he/she is verified per the process detailed in Rule 7, below.
- A $100 General Purpose Gift Card
- A Soupware Set that includes:
- Four (4) soup bowls
- Four (4) soup spoons
- One (1) soup tureen with ladle
- A Cookware Set that includes:
- One (1) soup pot
- One (1) trivet
- One (1) ladle
- Cloth napkins and placemats
- Picnic Basket
- Portable insulated soup container
- An assortment of 12 packages of Bear Creek Country Kitchens products (actual items to be determined solely by Sponsor)
- General Prize Details: Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash, other than by Sponsor who may substitute a prize or a prize component for one of equal or greater value if the featured prize or component becomes unavailable. Prizes cannot be transferred. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, resulting from acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will issue a 1099 for any prize valued at $600 or more.
Total ARV for all prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $15,650.
- Winner Notification and Verification: Each potential winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry (the “Winner Notification Email”). There will be a Liability/Publicity Release attached to the Winner Notification Email of all potential prize winners, as well as an Affidavit of Eligibility and Guest Designation/Releases attached to the Winner Notification Email of the potential Grand Prize winner (collectively the “Prize Claim Forms”). Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner must complete, sign, have notarized (if applicable) and return the Prize Claim Form(s) that are attached to their Winner Notification Email by mail to Sponsor postmarked within ten (10) business days of the send date of the Winner Notification Email, or such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited. The Guest Designation/Release document must be completed by the potential winner to designate the name, age and address of each guest that the potential winner will bring on the trip as well as the signature of each such guest (other than guests for whom the winner is the parent/legal guardian) agreeing to the terms of the liability/publicity release contained in such Guest Designation/Release document. If Winner Notification Email is returned as undeliverable, if Sponsor determines that a potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, if the Prize Claim Forms are not returned completed and within the time frame specified, or if a prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. In such cases, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternative winner from the remaining eligible entries received, and to follow the same Winner Notification and Verification process with that alternate potential winner. Sponsor is under no obligation to make more than one attempt to notify a single potential winner by email address at the email address provided in the Entry. Sponsor is under no obligation to make more than one attempt to secure an alternate winner. If after two attempts to notify and verify a winner for any given prize the prize remains unclaimed, prize will be deemed unclaimed and may not be awarded.
- General Rules: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes in any manner, and/or accepting a prize, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising/promotion agencies, Administrator, and each of their parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and all of their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages and liability arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession, use or mis-use of any prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- Notice: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion; or if acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism or any other reason outside Sponsor’s reasonable control results in Sponsor’s inability to continue the Sweepstakes as originally planned. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on the Sweepstakes Website or on Sponsor’s other websites, and if possible, Sponsor will award the prize from among legitimate Entries received prior to the event causing termination. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation to enter will void all such Entries by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the entrant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entrant will be deemed the person named in the entry form associated with the Entry.
- Limit of Liability, Arbitration and Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, as a further condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively, by final and binding arbitrations under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”); (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretations, enforcement and all proceeding at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Each entrant agrees that this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey (without regard to any conflicts of law provisions) and by entering, Entrant hereby consents to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the State of New Jersey.
- Winner's Name: For the name and address (city/state only) of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope postmarked by May 31, 2017 to: Bear Creek Country Kitchens Winners List, P.O. Box 673, Northbrook, IL 60065.